Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tejas Jin <tx...@intelliepi.com> on 2007/06/28 20:42:42 UTC

Problem with procmail and bouncing email

I currently have a test environment setup, pulling the emails from our server using fetchmail.
About every 500 emails an email will error and bounce to sender with

can't create user output file. Command output: procmail: Error while
    writing to "/var/mail/testuser"

/var/mail

Everything else seems to be working fine, but with this error occuring I can't deploy usage of spammassassin.

procmail-3.22
spamassassin-3.1.9
postfix-2.2.10
CentOS 4

Current /etc/procmailrc
---------------------------------------
#DROPPRIVS=yes
#PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
SHELL=/bin/sh
LOGNAME=/var/log/maillog
#Spamassassin
:0fw

Re: Problem with procmail and bouncing email

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
Try using the lock file version of the command header, ":0fw:".

{^_^}