Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com> on 2005/02/23 22:18:43 UTC

[VOTE]: Chainsaw as seperate module

This is a formalization of the thread 'Chainsaw as seperate CVS module'.

1. Propose to move out Chainsaw sources into it's own CVS module,
'logging-chainsaw'.  Chainsaw will rely on a log4j 1.3 build.

2. Propose to make the new 'logging-chainsaw' as CVS module, and not use
SVN until the entire Logging Service community is ready for SVN migration.

3. Propose to defer the decision on whether Chainsaw (or Logging Gui's?)
is made a seperate sub-project until after establishing a cleanly
seperated CVS/build environment is in operation.

4. Propose that all existing log4j committers still have full access to
this new module.

+1 [ ] Make it so
 0 [ ] *yawn*
-1 [ ] Leave Chainsaw where it is

cheers,

Paul Smith

Re: [VOTE]: Chainsaw as seperate module

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
+1

OK, then I'll go create the 'logging-chainsaw' CVS module and grant the
appropritate karma on the Apache Server.

--
Ceki Gülcü

Re: [VOTE]: Chainsaw as seperate module

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
+1

Jake

Posted by Johan Känngård <jo...@kanngard.net>.
+1

_______________________
Johan Känngård
johan@kanngard.net
http://dev.kanngard.net

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.
As part of the preparations for this move I have tagged the HEAD of
logging-log4j as so:

cvs rtag TAG_CHAINSAW2_MOVE logging-log4j

cheers,

Paul

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.
Thanks Ceki for doing this.