Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2006/11/15 12:32:37 UTC

overriding included configurations

Imagine I have some configurations

<configurations defaultconfmapping="default">
   <conf name="default" extends="master,runtime"/>
   <conf name="compile" visibility="private"
       description="artifacts needed to compile the application"/>
   <conf name="unittest" extends="compile"
       description="the classpath needed to run unittests"/>
   <conf name="systemtest" extends="compile"
       description="the classpath needed to run systemtests"/>
   <conf name="test" extends="unittest,systemtest"
       description="the classpath needed to run tests"/>
   <conf name="master" description="contains the artifact but no
dependencies"/>
   <conf name="runtime" description="runtime but not the artifact"/>
</configurations>

Then I include them

<configurations>
  <include file="../standard.xml" />
</configurations>

Can I override an included configuration, giving it different extensions?

   <conf name="unittest" extends="jaxb" />
   <conf name="systemtest" />

-Steve

Re: overriding included configurations

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 11/15/06, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> Imagine I have some configurations
>
> <configurations defaultconfmapping="default">
>    <conf name="default" extends="master,runtime"/>
>    <conf name="compile" visibility="private"
>        description="artifacts needed to compile the application"/>
>    <conf name="unittest" extends="compile"
>        description="the classpath needed to run unittests"/>
>    <conf name="systemtest" extends="compile"
>        description="the classpath needed to run systemtests"/>
>    <conf name="test" extends="unittest,systemtest"
>        description="the classpath needed to run tests"/>
>    <conf name="master" description="contains the artifact but no
> dependencies"/>
>    <conf name="runtime" description="runtime but not the artifact"/>
> </configurations>
>
> Then I include them
>

> <configurations>
>   <include file="../standard.xml" />
> </configurations>
>
> Can I override an included configuration, giving it different extensions?
>
>    <conf name="unittest" extends="jaxb" />
>    <conf name="systemtest" />

This is not intended to work, but I think it does :) Give it a try, but
since configurations are stored in a Map by name and no verification is
done, the new definition should replace the old one.

Xavier

-Steve