Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> on 2007/02/02 16:07:58 UTC

[users@httpd] redirecting SSL

I have setup a virtual SSL host that is working great!  I would like
to configure the default SSL to redirect the browser back to the
default non SSL site.  I don't have a cert that is signed by a real
CA, so I would prefer if SSL was not actually used so that the warning
message does not come up.  My whole objective is to try to hide the
presents of the virtual host.

RE: [users@httpd] redirecting SSL

Posted by Chirouze Olivier <ol...@volvo.com>.
I'm not sure I get you, but it sounds like you just don't want to have
the *:443 virtual host existing at all!! I think as soon as the apache
processing starts on your virtual host, the SSL handshake has been done
(=> the warning appeared). So whatever you will put in the <virtualHost>
scope will be handled _after_ the warning...

Did you try having _ssl NOT activated_ on the *:443 virtualhost?

Olivier

Olivier CHIROUZE
I&0 Infrastructure
Volvo Information Technology