Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org> on 2012/11/14 22:17:47 UTC

Does ICUFoldingFilterFactory make CJKWidthFilterFactory unnecessary?

I am using ICUFoldingFilterFactory in my Solr schema.  Now I am looking
at adding CJKBigramFilterFactory, and I've noticed that it often goes
with CJKWidthFilterFactory.  Here are the relevant Javadocs for my question:

http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/analyzers-common/org/apache/lucene/analysis/cjk/CJKWidthFilter.html
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/analyzers-icu/org/apache/lucene/analysis/icu/ICUFoldingFilter.html

The descriptions of these two classes suggest that if I already have
ICUFoldingFilter, I do not need CJKWidthFilter.  Do I have that right or
wrong?

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Does ICUFoldingFilterFactory make CJKWidthFilterFactory unnecessary?

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
Yes, its a subset