Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org> on 2008/06/02 21:35:24 UTC

Re: svn commit: r660461 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.c

On 05/28/2008 12:36 AM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 05/28/2008 12:14 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 May 2008 00:09:34 +0200
>> Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Sorry but I do not get your point at the Moment. MS and the PR talk
>>> about "HttpOnly" (with exactly this mixture of capital and small
>>> letters). The only location where this is different is in the patch
>>> for mod_rewrite.xml (which can be easily fixed of course).
>>> So what is your exact point of concern now?
>>
>> Comparing not to "HttpOnly" but to "true" and "1".  AKA cut&paste.
>>

> Ok, now I get your point. To be honest this wasn't copy and paste.
> I used the same behaviour as for the secure flag and adjusted the
> documentation accordingly. I guess we should keep it the same for
> both options:
>
> 1. Accept only "true" or "1"
> 2. Accept only "secure" and "HttpOnly" (but case insensitive)
> 3. Accept "true" or "1" or "secure" and "HttpOnly" (but case insensitive)
>
> What do you like most (if none please add your favourite proposal :-)?

Any opinions on the alternatives?

Regards

RĂ¼diger

Re: svn commit: r660461 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.c

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

On 06/05/2008 11:33 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 21:35:24 +0200
> Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>> 1. Accept only "true" or "1"
>>> 2. Accept only "secure" and "HttpOnly" (but case insensitive)
>>> 3. Accept "true" or "1" or "secure" and "HttpOnly" (but case
>>> insensitive)
>>>
>>> What do you like most (if none please add your favourite
>>> proposal :-)?
>
> Sorry, I still owe you a reply.  Got distracted.
>
> Should I parse your (3) as ("true" or "1" or "secure") and "HttpOnly"?
> If so, that's probably the best option.  Descriptive values are
> nice and less easy to confuse, but rejecting spec values true/1
> would seem perverse.  Ugh.
>
> But (2) would be fine.  As would (true|1) and HttpOnly.  IMHO.

Thanks for the reply. Does r664330 (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=664330&view=rev)
solve this for you?
If yes I would update the backport proposal accordingly.

Regards

RĂ¼diger

Re: svn commit: r660461 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.c

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/