Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2011/10/01 17:51:14 UTC

Re: Bayes auto-learning a bad idea?

On 28.09.11 10:07, Lars Jørgensen wrote:
>Not sure if this is the correct forum, but google couldn't help me
>(or I am too low on caffeine).
>
>I get a lot of spam that would have been flagged as such, but a bayes
>score of -1.9 pulls it down to hammy status.
>
>I train Bayes manually on the borderline cases, but also have
>auto-learning enabled. Is that really a bad idea? Should I disable
>it, delete the bayes-databases and start over on manual-only
>learning?

do you run manual learning? Keeping it only automatic learning can
easily make things go wrong and let people think bayes is bad.

If you re-train on those that misfired, you should get BAYES hitting
properly soon.

(Providing you didn't misconfigure on e.g. trusted_networks or
internal_networks. That could break SA very "effectively").
Posli tento mail 100 svojim znamim - nech vidia aky si idiot
Send this email to 100 your friends - let them see what an idiot you are