Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Roland Gude <ro...@yoochoose.com> on 2011/08/29 10:39:17 UTC

flushwriter all time blocked

Hi all,

On a 0.7.8 cluster In tpstats i can see flushwriter stage having several tasks in state all-time-blocked (immendiatly after node restart its 8 but grows over time to around 300). What does it mean (or how can I find out) and what can I do about it?

--
YOOCHOOSE GmbH

Roland Gude
Software Engineer

Im Mediapark 8, 50670 Köln

+49 221 4544151 (Tel)
+49 221 4544159 (Fax)
+49 171 7894057 (Mobil)

Email: roland.gude@yoochoose.com
WWW: www.yoochoose.com<http://www.yoochoose.com/>

YOOCHOOSE GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Uwe Alkemper, Michael Friedmann
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Köln HRB 65275
Ust-Ident-Nr: DE 264 773 520
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln

AW: flushwriter all time blocked

Posted by Roland Gude <ro...@yoochoose.com>.
Hi,

This still leaves me puzzled.

Is it a bad thing?
Why is it happening?

And what does "blocked before being accepted" mean? Does it mean Cassandra did not even try to put the task into a queue?

Thanks for enlightening me,

roland

     * Get the number of tasks that had blocked before being accepted (or
     * rejected).
     */
    public int getTotalBlockedTasks();

    /**
     * Get the number of tasks currently blocked, waiting to be accepted by
     * the executor (because all threads are busy and the backing
queue is full).
     */
    public int getCurrentlyBlockedTasks();

--