Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pranet Verma <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/06 16:03:04 UTC

Getting started with development

Hi,
Could you please tell me how to get started with Open Office development?

I began by following this guide :
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Development
, but after building the source and installing the program when I reached
the first tutorial ( https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Tutorial_Start ) it
failed(I'm pretty sure i followed all the steps but ctrl+T just doesnt work
like its supposed to) .
The page does seem to be outdated to me (considering some folder name and
syntax of files do not match with the guide, though i may be wrong), I was
wondering if there was a better source to learn from.

I'm reasonably comfortable with c/c++ , and am pretty active in competitive
programming, but developments new for me , so any help is appreciated.
Also, if possible could you direct me to modules using c/c++ specifically?
Im open to learning new languages, but to start with I would prefer working
in a familiar environment.

Thank You

Re: Getting started with development

Posted by Pranet Verma <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

It worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pranet Verma <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.