Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Joni Hoppen <jo...@aquare.la> on 2014/09/26 23:06:24 UTC

Server setup suggestion - Stambol

Dear all,

I am having some issues setting up a Stanbol instance own my own using a Linux CentOS distribution. The main approaches I tried so far:

    * Compiling install maven and compile the project. Result - it fails compiling.
    * Installing Tomcat and upload the WAR file - Result - It runs most of the functions but does does not allow access the engine setup.
Is there anyone with wise suggestion of a setup in which I can have full functional server?

Many thanks for you attention.

Greetings from Aquarela - Brazil.

Joni Hoppen

Managing Director

Aquarela Inovação Tecnológica do Brasil

www.aquare.la

joni@aquare.la

(48) 3304 1137
(48) 9623 4864

Re: Server setup suggestion - Stambol

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joni,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 11:06 PM, Joni Hoppen <jo...@aquare.la> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am having some issues setting up a Stanbol instance own my own using a Linux CentOS distribution. The main approaches I tried so far:

Are you using the trunk (1.0.0-SNAPSHOT) or the release-0.12 branch
(0.12.1-SNAPSHOT) version? The trunk is currently unstable because of
some API changes in Clerezza. Because of the the OntologyMnager, Rules
and Reasoning Components are currently not functional. The 0.12.*
version is stable and is expected to work fine.

>     * Compiling install maven and compile the project. Result - it fails compiling.

With the trunk you should see some failed integration tests (similar
as recent builds on jenkins [1]). When you skip tests and start the
launcher you will see that the OntologyMnager, Rules and Reasoning
Components  fail to start.

>     * Installing Tomcat and upload the WAR file - Result - It runs most of the functions but does does not allow access the engine setup.

The engines setup? Do you talk about
"http://localhost:8080/8080/stanbol/system/console/configMgr/"? This
is the configuration manager tab of the Felix Webconsole and the only
UI that allows to configure enhancement engines and chains. This page
is expected to be functional. So if you have problems with that please
file a bug report.

> Is there anyone with wise suggestion of a setup in which I can have full functional server?

In most cases you can go with the 0.12.0 release or the
0.12.1-SNAPSHOT (release-0.12 branch) if you want to have unreleased
bug fixes for the 0.12.0 release.

best
Rupert

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/stanbol-trunk/