Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Mi...@supervalu.com on 2003/02/20 20:02:55 UTC

XSLTC: HTML corruption after repeated transforms

I am developing a J2EE application using WebSphere Application Server and
Xalan-J/XSLTC.   Since changing from Xalan-J 2.4.1 to XSLTC 2.4.1 we have been
experiencing a reproduable problem with two of our web pages. In a test case I
put together which simply requests the same page over and over again, everything
works fine until the 28th request of the page.  For each page request the same
transform of a DOM is performed.  On the 28th transform and every transform
thereafter, the HTML produced is not correct.  It is missing a large chunk of a
table in the middle of document.  It is as if the template responsible for the
table does not complete.  HTML the follows the table and is produced by a
different template is still present in the document.  Note that I am parsing the
stylesheet only once, creating a javax.xml.transform.Templates object, and then
calling newTransformer() on the templates object each time the page is
requested.  Restarting the application and thus causing the stylesheet to be
reparsed fixes the problem.... until the 27th transform.

I would attach my stylesheet to this posting except that it is consists of 10
files totaling 51 kbytes of copyrighted code.  Hopefully I can reduce the test
case to a smaller stylesheet.  Or if someone would like to see them, I would be
happy to send them in a private email.

I relize this is not a great bug report.  I am continuing to work on isolating
the problem to provide a better bug report.  In posting this message I am hoping
to gain some advice/ideas about how to go about troubleshooting/isolating the
problem.

Mike Bresnahan