Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Geoff Soutter <ge...@whitewolf.com.au> on 2000/09/04 02:34:15 UTC

URL decoding again (was Re: Tomcat 3.2 beta3?)

Nacho,

yeah, whoops looks like 3.3 is broken too huh. Hmm.

where to do the fix is a bit tricky, actually because we need to consider
wether we match against decoded values or not. E.g. if URI is /context%20one
and there is a "context one" is it a match or not. Unfortunately this isn't
covered in the specification (yet).

I'd really like to see if get fixed for 3.2, I mean how can we release
Tomcat given it's supposed to be the reference implementation if we know
it's not spec compliant? And I guess we'd then need to port the "proper" fix
across to 3.3?

Even though I've been trying to avoid it for ages :-), I'd be prepared to
have a go at doing a decent patch if no-one more familiar with this code is
prepared to have a go...

cheers

Geoff