Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jonathan Ariel <io...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/11 02:55:02 UTC

Very slow first query

Hi!Why would it take for the first query that I execute almost 60 seconds to
run and after that no more than 50ms? I disabled all my caching to check if
it is the reason for the subsequent fast responses, but the same happens.
I'm using solr 1.3.
Something really strange is that it doesn't happen with all the queries. It
is happening with a query that filters some integer and string fields joined
by an AND operator. Something like A:1 AND B:2 AND (C:3 AND D:"CA") (exact
match).
My index is around 12000000M documents.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Re: Very slow first query

Posted by Jonathan Ariel <io...@gmail.com>.
The index is 8GB and I'm giving it 1,5 GB of RAM

Re: Very slow first query

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.

--
Lance Norskog