Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2008/08/05 04:58:47 UTC

[summary] [vote] Thorsten Scherler as new Cocoon committer

David Crossley wrote:
> I propose Thorsten Scherler as a new Cocoon committer
> and PMC member.

During the time period there were no negative votes,
and more than 3 positive votes.

Since you are already an ASF committer via Lenya and Forrest,
we just need to add you to the svn authorization list
for cocoon. One of us will do that soon.

If you want to join the Apache Cocoon PMC, just say
so and one of us will commence the procedure to add you.

-David

Re: [summary] [vote] Thorsten Scherler as new Cocoon committer

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 12:58 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > I propose Thorsten Scherler as a new Cocoon committer
> > and PMC member.
>
> During the time period there were no negative votes,
> and more than 3 positive votes.

Thank you very much all of you, it is a big honor for me to be now
official part of the great cocoon community.

To introduce myself to the community:
I am a German freelancer living in Spain and started to use cocoon back
in 2002 when I was working for a company in Paderborn while I studied
(Carsten will know the town ;)). I used it to generate reports of some
telemarketing databases that I programmed this days.

As well in this days I got in contact with the former version of Apache
Lenya, was able to contribute to the project and got elected as
committer. Then I entered the incubator with Lenya in 2003 and became
part of the great Apache community.

A year later I started with Forrest and since then I am using the three
projects for my customer projects. Lately I have finished a high traffic
web page for the regional government based on cocoon 2.2 and I am exited
to keep on working with cocoon in the future (let us see when I can have
my first "Corona" ;)).

> Since you are already an ASF committer via Lenya and Forrest,
> we just need to add you to the svn authorization list
> for cocoon. One of us will do that soon.

Thanks.

> If you want to join the Apache Cocoon PMC, just say
> so and one of us will commence the procedure to add you.

Yes, please, start the procedure.

> -David

Thank you very much David for starting this vote.

Kind regards
salu2