Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Ty Hayden <ty...@tdkc.com> on 2012/12/18 19:50:09 UTC

XSLF and Movies

Does anybody know how to create a XSLFSlide shape that is a AVI Movie
type?  The older HSLF API allows you to do it, but I haven't found where
the you can insert a movie in the newer usermodel.  Could Hyperlinks work
as a replacement?

Thanks,
Ty

Re: XSLF and Movies

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Tue, 18 Dec 2012, Ty Hayden wrote:
> Does anybody know how to create a XSLFSlide shape that is a AVI Movie
> type?  The older HSLF API allows you to do it, but I haven't found where
> the you can insert a movie in the newer usermodel.  Could Hyperlinks
> work as a replacement?

As a general rule for the xml file formats, if you can't work out how to
do it create two simple files in office. One without the thing you want,
one with it. Unzip the two files (.pptx/.docx/.xlsx are all zips of xml)
and diff to see what xml gets created to add in teh feature you want. Use
the low level xmlbeans (CT...) to create that xml. Then submit a patch
that wraps that in high level friendly code :)

Nick