Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Marx, Stefan ext. MA Fa. Lynx" <St...@rewe.de> on 2005/06/20 18:05:22 UTC

AW: Out Of Memory Problem with large file (60 k rows with 6 colum ns)

Hi Ajit,

if I may quote myself (experienced exceptions in searching the
mailing list archiv):

due to the wired BIFF format I reached the out-of-memory quite
soon, too.
There are small RAM ressources at my client side and I use the
hack to send a bytestream with tab separation between the fields,
store it with a *.xls extention so Excel open it with the data correct
in columns. Doing it this way I'll lose all formatting but I'm able to
display more the 20.000 records from the DB2 tables. Beyond the
max. of 65.535 recs. Excel display no more lines in a file.
I also mde made an outline to stream the data in blocks or serveral
files, but that solution is to time consuming in my enviroment.

hth, cu Stefan

Re: Out Of Memory Problem with large file (60 k rows with 6 colum ns)

Posted by Sanjiv Jivan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Stefan,
Could you elaborate on what you're doing (and how you're doing it) when you
say "I use the hack to send a bytestream with tab separation between the
fields, store it with a *.xls extention so Excel open it with the data
correct in columns."

Thanks,
Sanjiv