Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Stéphane Kay <St...@abraxas.ch> on 2019/08/09 11:33:10 UTC

JCache / ehcache impl in TomEE 8 ?

Hi,
I'm just trying a simple use of JCache JSR107 with a JUnit running on the TomEE 8 , but I'm facing this frustrating error :

CachingProvider cachingProvider =  Caching.getCachingProvider();
    javax.cache.CacheManager cacheManager = cachingProvider.getCacheManager();
(...)

Exception caught :
javax.cache.CacheException: No CachingProviders have been configured

	at javax.cache.Caching$CachingProviderRegistry.getCachingProvider(Caching.java:112)
	at javax.cache.Caching$CachingProviderRegistry.getCachingProvider(Caching.java:99)
	at javax.cache.Caching.getCachingProvider(Caching.java:50)

I find a work around adding that non-official component in my app:
            <groupId>org.ehcache</groupId>
            <artifactId>jcache</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.1</version>

QUESTIONS :
- How does TomEE implement JSR107?
- Will TomEE 8 upgrade to EHCache >3.1 ?

Thank you for your reply.

Stephen Kay