Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Feltraco, Fabio (R&D Brazil)" <fa...@hp.com> on 2009/07/18 00:15:29 UTC

Axis2/C and lighttpd

Hi,

 Looking at the axis/src/core/transport/http/server/ (for Axis2/C) we have:
   IIS/     (Microsoft IIS Server)
   apache2/ (Apache HTTP Server)
   simple_axis2_server/

 I would like to know if someone have already developed a Lighttpd module f=
or server side (or for any other light weight http server).

 As I have just started working with Axis2/C I also would like to know if t=
here is a cookbook explaining how to use Axis2/C with different http server=
s.

 In our case we intend to use Axis2/C in an embedded system (limited memory=
, rom, etc) and we cannot use Apache or IIS servers. And Simple Axis2 Serve=
r is not intended for production.

 Regards.

Fabio

Re: Axis2/C and lighttpd

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
There is an effort for this sometime back.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/branches/c/lighttpd_mod_axis2/lighttpd/

Thanks,
-Manjula.

Re: Axis2/C and lighttpd

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.

Re: Axis2/C and lighttpd

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@wso2.com>.
Hi,
See whether this [1] help. AFAIK someone started developing a lighttpd
module for Axis2/C few months back. Don't know how far it went.

thanks,
Damitha

[1] http://mohanjith.net/blog/2008/01/wso2-wsfphp-with-lighttpd.html

Feltraco, Fabio (R&D Brazil) wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Looking at the axis/src/core/transport/http/server/ (for Axis2/C) we have:
>    IIS/     (Microsoft IIS Server)
>    apache2/ (Apache HTTP Server)
>    simple_axis2_server/
>
>  I would like to know if someone have already developed a Lighttpd module f=
> or server side (or for any other light weight http server).
>
>  As I have just started working with Axis2/C I also would like to know if t=
> here is a cookbook explaining how to use Axis2/C with different http server=
> s.
>
>  In our case we intend to use Axis2/C in an embedded system (limited memory=
> , rom, etc) and we cannot use Apache or IIS servers. And Simple Axis2 Serve=
> r is not intended for production.
>
>  Regards.
>
> Fabio

Damitha Kumarage
http://people.apache.org/

Re: Axis2/C and lighttpd

Posted by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
In addition to what you have mentioned, Axis2/C have the CGI support.
You can invoke axis2/c through CGI using lighthttpd.

Thanks
Dimuthu

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 3:45 AM, Feltraco, Fabio (R&D
Brazil)<fa...@hp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Looking at the axis/src/core/transport/http/server/ (for Axis2/C) we have:
>   IIS/     (Microsoft IIS Server)
>   apache2/ (Apache HTTP Server)
>   simple_axis2_server/
>
>  I would like to know if someone have already developed a Lighttpd module f=
> or server side (or for any other light weight http server).
>
>  As I have just started working with Axis2/C I also would like to know if t=
> here is a cookbook explaining how to use Axis2/C with different http server=
> s.
>
>  In our case we intend to use Axis2/C in an embedded system (limited memory=
> , rom, etc) and we cannot use Apache or IIS servers. And Simple Axis2 Serve=
> r is not intended for production.
>
>  Regards.
>
> Fabio

Dimuthu Gamage

http://www.dimuthu.org
http://www.wso2.org

Re: Axis2/C and lighttpd

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@wso2.com>.
Hi,
See whether this [1] help. AFAIK someone started developing a lighttpd
module for Axis2/C few months back. Don't know how far it went.

thanks,
Damitha

[1] http://mohanjith.net/blog/2008/01/wso2-wsfphp-with-lighttpd.html

Feltraco, Fabio (R&D Brazil) wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Looking at the axis/src/core/transport/http/server/ (for Axis2/C) we have:
>    IIS/     (Microsoft IIS Server)
>    apache2/ (Apache HTTP Server)
>    simple_axis2_server/
>
>  I would like to know if someone have already developed a Lighttpd module f=
> or server side (or for any other light weight http server).
>
>  As I have just started working with Axis2/C I also would like to know if t=
> here is a cookbook explaining how to use Axis2/C with different http server=
> s.
>
>  In our case we intend to use Axis2/C in an embedded system (limited memory=
> , rom, etc) and we cannot use Apache or IIS servers. And Simple Axis2 Serve=
> r is not intended for production.
>
>  Regards.
>
> Fabio

Damitha Kumarage