Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Darren <d1...@hitchman.science> on 2020/07/01 06:33:14 UTC

Failed unit tests

Hello

I would like to make some contributions to nifi but had some quick questions first if I may.

When I cloned and built nifi, the unit test failed on TestEvaluateXQuery.testRootPath:392

This is because my git download has core.autocrlf=true and in windows it’s added crlf to each line cause the assert against static text to fail. My question is whether this is a know issue or did I miss a readme? If you want me to raise a jira ticket let me know

Also there seems to be an issue with setting JMS types against IBM MQ. is the general process to raise a Jira ticket and then do a PR?

Thank you
Darren

Re: Failed unit tests

Posted by "d1@hitchman.science d1@hitchman.science" <d1...@hitchman.science>.
Hi.
Please ignore the windows. crlf issue below as it is documented in the contributors doco and I missed it. Sorry.

-->  Windows Specific configuration
-->  git config --global core.longpaths true
-->  git config --global core.autocrlf false

Re: Failed unit tests

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
> Also there seems to be an issue with setting JMS types against IBM MQ. is
the general process to raise a Jira ticket and then do a PR?

Yep. If you run into a hole like this, you can just request Jira access and
write up the ticket and then either do it yourself or raise awareness if
you think someone else might be able to help.