Posted to users@maven.apache.org by maxmil <ma...@alwayssunny.com> on 2008/05/29 11:53:54 UTC

Integration testing via profile fails in 2.0.9

I'm not a maven expert so maybe i'm doing something wrong but if not i may
have found a bug.

I configure integration testing via a build profile as follows:

<profile>
   <id>itest</id>
   <activation>
      <property>
         <name>itest</name>
      </property>
   </activation>
   <build>
      <plugins>
         <plugin>
            <executions>
               <execution>
                  <id>surefire-it</id>
                  <phase>integration-test</phase>
                  <goals>
                     <goal>test</goal>
                  </goals>
                  <configuration>
                     <excludes>
                        <exclude>none</exclude>
                     </excludes>
                     <includes>
                        <include>**/*ITest.java</include>
                     </includes>
                  </configuration>
               </execution>
            </executions>
         </plugin>
      </plugins>
   </build>
</profile>

With maven 2.0.8 this worked fine however with 2.0.9 my test resources do
not included in the the integration-test and the tests fail.

Is there some error is the way that i am using the surefire plugin?

Re: Integration testing via profile fails in 2.0.9

Posted by maxmil <ma...@alwayssunny.com>.
It seems to be something related to the 2.4.2 version of the surefire plugin.
If i use the 2.0.9 release but force the surefire plugin to use the 2.3
version of the surefire plugin then the test resources are copied correctly.

<plugin>
            <version>2.3</version>
            etc...