Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Sharma, Ashutosh" <As...@gs.com> on 2007/01/02 16:33:38 UTC

RE: exception! javax.mail.MessagingException: Unable to create a new message name: too long. Possible loop in config.xml.

Hi Danny,
Thanks for the response.
Change the subject of the resent mail, or add some header or an
attribute which will let you ignore them if they've *already* been
resent.

Didn't worked after I change the subject of the email. When I am going
thru the code-this exception is getting generated from these places:
org.apache.james.transport.mailets
AbstractRedirect.java
AbstractVirtualUserTable.java
DSNBounce.java

if the subject is "undeliverable mail" use to processor to the
"undeliverable" processor

in the undeliverable processor if the recipient is not xyz@yahoo.com
forward it to them otherwise to processor Transport.
This one-can u provide me a sample XML node to start with.

On 12/29/06, Sharma, Ashutosh <As...@gs.com> wrote:

> 2)<mailet match="SubjectStartsWith=Undeliverable Mail" class="Resend">

> exception! javax.mail.MessagingException: Unable to create a new
message
> name: too long. Possible loop in config.xml.

Change the subject of the resent mail, or add some header or an
attribute which will let you ignore them if they've *already* been
resent.

or Try this...

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com>.
On 1/2/07, Sharma, Ashutosh <As...@gs.com> wrote:

> I am seeing the mail going to the
> C:\james-2.3.0\apps\james\var\mail\relay-denied folder.

You need to check the reasons my a mail might go to that repository,
usually because the sending IP address is not in the list.

In this case a mail from "outside" destined for "inside" is allowed,
but when you forward it it becomes a mail from "outside" destined for
"outside" and this is not allowed.

I'm not sure why it would happen like that though.

d.

Re: Logging in James

Posted by Tom Brown <to...@gmail.com>.
I haven't checked out the trunk, but the log configuration provided
for the rest of JAMES is very nice. It would be awesome if mailets had
access to the set of loggers that's defined in the main JAMES log
configuration...

Tom

Re: Logging in James

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Logging in James

Posted by "Sharma, Ashutosh" <As...@gs.com>.
As I am just starting on it-upgrading to 2.3 is easy for me.
I upgraded it and it didn't throw any errors. But a new problem now:
But the problem is mail is not getting forwarded to the email address as
per the forward tag.
These are the lines in config.xml that I added at right place.
<mailet match="SubjectStartsWith=Undeliverable Mail" class="Forward">

<forwardTo>Ashutosh_Sharma03@infosys.com</forwardTo>
			<passThrough>FALSE</passThrough>
</mailet>

I am seeing the mail going to the
C:\james-2.3.0\apps\james\var\mail\relay-denied folder.
What to do?

Posted by Martin Brown <ma...@3bview.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
Hi ,

I don't think you need to reconfigure from scratch. I think using the
UPGRADING.txt file should be enough

bye
Norman