Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rick ribbentrop <ri...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/22 01:23:46 UTC

Steps to delete unwanted files from recent documents list

What are the step by step steps I need to make to delete unwanted files
from the recent document list ? I have approximately 10 files I only want
to keep two or three . I'm not sure why this is so hard to get an answer I
went to the forums but it doesn't give you a complete answer it just
recycles you around very confusing thank you for your help

Re: Steps to delete unwanted files from recent documents list

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 20:23:46 -0500
Rick ribbentrop <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What are the step by step steps I need to make to delete unwanted files
> from the recent document list ? I have approximately 10 files I only want
> to keep two or three . I'm not sure why this is so hard to get an answer I
> went to the forums but it doesn't give you a complete answer it just
> recycles you around very confusing thank you for your help

One cannot selectively delete files from the Recent Documents list.  It is all, or nothing.  One can delete the entire list using the Clear List option at its end, then reopen the files one requires to be shown, which will cause them to appear on the Recent Documents list. There are some extensions (History Manager or History Master?) which will allow the list to be extended or reduced.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Steps to delete unwanted files from recent documents list

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 22/08/16 11:23 AM, Rick ribbentrop wrote:
> What are the step by step steps I need to make to delete unwanted files
> from the recent document list ? I have approximately 10 files I only want
> to keep two or three . I'm not sure why this is so hard to get an answer

It's not hard to get an answer at all, it's only hard to get the answer
you want.

> went to the forums but it doesn't give you a complete answer it just
> recycles you around very confusing thank you for your help

As most of the answers are given by the same users as on the forum, you
probably get the same answer.

You can clear the Recent Documents list (all 10)  from the same menu,
but it will add new ones when you
open other documents. The simplest solution is to read the two top rows
and ignore the rest.

Have fun.