Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Timothy St-Germain <ts...@mac.com> on 2006/12/24 19:58:24 UTC

Lucene4c

Hi,

I've just finished school, and I'd like to get involved (somehow)
with the ASF and the Lucene4c in particular. I have some experience
with C, but have a lot to learn, and I'm wondering if there is anyway
that I could get involved with this project.

Anyway, what would be the best way to get started?

Thanks a ton, and have an excellent Christmas (or other holiday) !!!

Tim

Re: Lucene4c

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Tim,

It's great that you're interested in Apache, and there are lots of
ways you can participate.

Sadly, the lucene4c project never quite got off the ground, and was
closed for lack of activity in October 2006. You can find this from
their incubator status page http://incubator.apache.org/projects/
lucene4c.html and http://incubator.apache.org/lucene4c

Probably the best way to get involved with Apache is to look at the
main page http://apache.org for a project that interests you (sorry
about lucene4c), and then to subscribe to the project mailing lists.

Apache welcomes participation at many levels, from simply using the
various software projects to active contribution to development,
including writing code, writing test cases, writing and editing
documentation, and answering questions on the email aliases. See
http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html for more information
on how we work.

Merry Christmas to you,

Craig

On Dec 24, 2006, at 10:58 AM, Timothy St-Germain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just finished school, and I'd like to get involved (somehow)
> with the ASF and the Lucene4c in particular. I have some experience
> with C, but have a lot to learn, and I'm wondering if there is
> anyway that I could get involved with this project.
>
> Anyway, what would be the best way to get started?
>
> Thanks a ton, and have an excellent Christmas (or other holiday) !!!
>
> Tim

Craig Russell
DB PMC
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo