Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Steven Crosley <st...@mac.com> on 2008/04/02 22:55:19 UTC

How do I set a string element of a type object?

Hi,

I'm trying to set an element value that is a complex type, but I had
to add an attribute to the element so I can no longer call it like this:

book.setTitle(rs.getString("title"));

I now get this message:

The method setTitle(TitleType) in the type Book is
  not applicable for the arguments (String)

So, how do I convert the String to the TitleType object?

My XSD looks something like this:

	<xs:element type="tns:titleType" name="title"/>

   	<xs:complexType name="titleType">
     	<xs:simpleContent>
       		<xs:extension base="xs:string">
         		<xs:attribute type="xs:boolean" name="lost"/>
       		</xs:extension>
     	</xs:simpleContent>
   	</xs:complexType>

Thanks,
Steven

RE: How do I set a string element of a type object?

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>.
Instead of

  book.setTitle(rs.getString("title"));

do

  TitleType title = book.addNewTitle();
  title.setStringValue(rs.getString("title"));

Then, if you want to set the "lost" attribute, you'll do:

  title.setLost(true);

Radu

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 08:35 +0100, Andrew Mansfield wrote:
> Use the factory method.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

RE: How do I set a string element of a type object?

Posted by Andrew Mansfield <AM...@globeop.com>.
Use the factory method.

Thanks,
Andy