Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/19 17:35:05 UTC

Plugins not properly loading properties

Hi all -

Quick question, I think there's some confusion on my end.

We have a plugin that loads properties into the reactor so they're available
for things like resource processing, various other plugins, etc.

However, when using the tomcat plugin directly on the command line (such as
mvn tomcat:deploy), the properties are not expanded when they've come from a
property file.

If we use the standard plugin configuration and bind the deployment to a
particular lifecycle goal with an execution, the property is expanded
successfully.

What are we doing wrong/what are we missing?

When the tomcat goals are called on the command line, it's as if they skip
several steps but grab things from activated profiles and <properties>
blocks.

Suggestions?

Re: Plugins not properly loading properties

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
That's something different. I said Maven 2 core doesn't have support
for reading properties from a file. There might be plugins, but no
such support in core.

/Anders

Posted by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'll admit knowing this was a loaded question.

I've previously solved this via a separate configuration artifact.

I was just shocked to see how m3 doesn't allow the import of property files
anymore the way 2.2.1 did.

Thanks again all - I appreciate it!

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com>.