Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Milan Tomic <mi...@setcce.org> on 2004/04/09 14:17:14 UTC

WinCAPICryptoProvider

Berin,

	I can see that "WinCAPICryptoProvider cp" is declared twice in
checksig.cpp and never in threadtest.cpp. Please, could you explain why?
Does we need it and when?

Thank you,
Milan

Re: WinCAPICryptoProvider

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Milan,

checksig allows the user to select between WinCAPI and OpenSSL when both
are present.  (BTW - The second usage is really redundant, it's a
hangover from old code.)

Threadtest cheats :>.  By default, if the library has both OpenSSL and
WinCAPI available, it will use OpenSSL.  So Threadtest simply does a
check for OpenSSL - if it's there, it creates an OpenSSL based key.  If
not, it uses WinCAPI.

SO the rule of thumb - define a crypto provider if more than one is
compiled into the library and you want to select the one that wouldn't
be used by default.

Cheers,
	Berin