Posted to apps-dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/02/24 06:00:24 UTC

Gumpify Cornerstone apps

Hi,

Theres a bunch of the corenserstone apps that are not built nightly via gump.
I would love to see someone add support for them. Have a look at following
link which demonstrates how the jesktop sub-project used to be built using
gump.

If you would like to get nightly builds going for the orb, ftp or overlord
products then feel free to check out tge link and send diffs to the
alexandria project to add support ;)

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/project/jakarta-avalon-cornerstone.xml?rev=1.32&content-type=text/plain

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: Gumpify Cornerstone apps

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

>xdocs common to all apps (if any) can in jakarta-avalon-apps/xdocs but xdocs
>specific to product go in its subdirectory.

OK.

>>I really wish there was a working and default (even if
>>cutdown) xdocs taskdef in the out-of-the-box Ant!
>>

>Most people call that anakia and require jakarta-site to be downloaded
>side-by-side :)

Yuk!

I liked stylebook (from yesteryear).

- Paul

Re: Gumpify Cornerstone apps

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:28, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Peter,
>
> >>I was thinking - just like commons - one module per app.  Each has a
> >>build.xml file, usual src/java/ tree, and does not share anything with
> >>other apps or relatively with other respositories.  If cornerstone.jar
> >>is needed it is copied into lib/     Your thoughts?
> >
> >+1 works for me. I would also make the generated documentation be placed
> > in the main directory aswell.
>
> Ahh, there is the issue.  I agree on the "up one dir" scenario for the
> constructed html, but how to do the xdocs again.

xdocs common to all apps (if any) can in jakarta-avalon-apps/xdocs but xdocs
specific to product go in its subdirectory.

>  3Mb of Cocoon etc in
> each module?

yuck!

Just use jakarta-avalon/tools/** til we find a better solution.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

>>I was thinking - just like commons - one module per app.  Each has a
>>build.xml file, usual src/java/ tree, and does not share anything with
>>other apps or relatively with other respositories.  If cornerstone.jar
>>is needed it is copied into lib/     Your thoughts?
>>

>+1 works for me. I would also make the generated documentation be placed in
>the main directory aswell.

Ahh, there is the issue.  I agree on the "up one dir" scenario for the
constructed html, but how to do the xdocs again.  3Mb of Cocoon etc in
each module?  I really wish there was a working and default (even if

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

>On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:37, Paul Hammant wrote:
>
>>OK lets propose that say Tuesday 10am GMT/UTC is when we move file from
>>cornerstone to apps.  Stephen may be able to finish to a certain level
>>by then.   America will still be in bed, and both you and I will be out
>>of bed (in theory).  You or I do the move <cough/>.  I tidy up build
>>scripts and dependancies afterwards.
>>
>>What do you think?  Or is there a better time for you ?
>>

>Its fine with me. But instead you could just do it incrementally. Copy across
>ftpserver now and get it building. When its all good - delete it from main
>cornerstone CVS. Repeat for other projects ;)

It was human liason I was most interested in, but yes ftpserver is
fairly damage free as nobody has pending changes for that.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

Then maybe the real question is when should we migrate?  Stephen is very

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,