Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Pedro Viegas <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/09 23:16:04 UTC

Tap4.1.1: Autocompleter inside another component does not work

Hi all,

Has anyboby been able do use a Tap 4.1.1 Autocompleter inside another
component?
I have been trying to do so and I get the strangest bahaviour. Somehow the
Autocompleter is rendered twice, with two diferent Id (i.e.: autocompleter
and autocompleter_0) but even this is not completly true.

It creates only one Input element for the second autocompleter it creates.
It created two declarations of the autocompleter dojo widget.

Since the first input is not created the first dojo widget declaration
reports an error and the JS execution stops.
The end result is a not rendered autocompleter component.

I've previously posted this in the list but no response.
Before using Tap4.1.1 I used 4.0 with Tacos and used Tacos's autocompleter
exactly the same way... and it worked like a charm!
Has nobody had this problem before?

---
Pedro Viegas

Re: Tap4.1.1: Autocompleter inside another component does not work

Posted by Pedro Viegas <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

I have found what is causing the erroneous behaviour.
I have been using FieldLabel components with my input components. This is
what is causing the component duplicated rendering.
I will investigate some more to see it it's my problem or some hidden Tap
bug.

Thanks,

--

---