Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Perry A. Caro" <ca...@Adobe.COM> on 2000/09/07 19:32:58 UTC

Request for 1.2.1 stable

First of all, thanks for 1.2!  The inclusion of SAX 2 event processing
literally saved me weeks of work.

I'd really like to use the stable release of 1.2, but I need the Mac updates
that James Berry submitted post-1.2, and the bug fixes that have been
submitted since 1.2, such as the incremental-parsing fix for start/end
document.  I'm sure we're not the only group that would like these changes
incorporated into a stable release.

So I'd like to humbly request of the powers that be that a 1.2.1 stable
build be made at their earliest convenience. If that isn't in the cards, I'd
appreciate a schedule, no matter how approximate, so I can decide whether to
commit to a nightly drop, or wait for a stable build.

Thanks!

Perry A. Caro
Adobe Systems Incorporated

Re: Request for 1.2.1 stable

Posted by Craig Noah <Cr...@ca.com>.

> So I'd like to humbly request of the powers that be that a 1.2.1 stable
> build be made at their earliest convenience. If that isn't in the cards, I'd
> appreciate a schedule, no matter how approximate, so I can decide whether to
> commit to a nightly drop, or wait for a stable build.

I'll give a +1 to that request.

--
Craig Noah                          INTERNET: Craig.Noah@ca.com
Programmer                                  Computer Associates

Re: Request for 1.2.1 stable

Posted by Andy Heninger <an...@jtcsv.com>.
A stable release is near.  Internal to IBM, we need the next stable
version of XML4C, so have been working on getting xerces-c building
cleanly with the ICU again (version 1.6), and doing some extra testing.

The result will be Xerces 1.3.  Probably within the next week.

Andy Heninger
IBM XML Technology Group, Cupertino, CA
heninger@us.ibm.com

> I'd really like to use the stable release of 1.2, but I need the Mac
updates
> that James Berry submitted post-1.2, and the bug fixes that have been
> submitted since 1.2, such as the incremental-parsing fix for start/end
> document.  I'm sure we're not the only group that would like these
changes
> incorporated into a stable release.

[...]

RE: Request for 1.2.1 stable