Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2002/05/29 04:13:40 UTC

Mail list remote request thingy majig is broken

Yeah, I can't remotely subscribe a user who is having trouble
subscribing himself.  Furthermore, I'm unable to unsubscribe myself from
a mailing list that I'd like to unsubscribe from.  (I
subscribe/unsubscribe from lots of projects on a regular basis to manage
volume)...  If I had to guess I think the little guy who listens for the
subscribe/unsubscribe and remote admin requests has gone on vacation.
As he is badly needed for service, I suggest those with sufficient karma
should recall him.

Thanks,

Andy
--
http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in

Re: Mail list remote request thingy majig is broken

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:

> Yeah, I can't remotely subscribe a user who is having trouble
> subscribing himself.  Furthermore, I'm unable to unsubscribe myself from
> a mailing list that I'd like to unsubscribe from.  (I
> subscribe/unsubscribe from lots of projects on a regular basis to manage
> volume)...  If I had to guess I think the little guy who listens for the
> subscribe/unsubscribe and remote admin requests has gone on vacation.
> As he is badly needed for service, I suggest those with sufficient karma
> should recall him.

No, the little "mail owner" is in _deep_shit_ with his mail server since
Saturday night (got around to fix barely minimal functionality just today),
and have to fix it before I can get around and do anything! :)

At least now I can read (and I didn't loose one single message)...

Keep 'em coming... I'll get around to finish off apache work (and the
interrupted flamewars) this week-end...

Sorry, but that's life when your servers do "kaboom" and you're the only
"man" who can fix them (and he's not paid to do it, since he has a nice
9-to-5 job to take care of as well)...

Thank god for Queen's Jubilee and the 2 extra days of vacation next weekend
:) (God save the queen!)

    Pier (/var/qmail := rulez)

--
[Perl] combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp:  a billion of different
sublanguages in  one monolithic executable.  It combines the power of C with