Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ku3ia <de...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/06 07:50:33 UTC

SolrCloud: AliasAPI-Maximum number of collections

Hi all!
The question is how many collections I can put to one alias, using SolrCloud
alias collection API
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api4
to process distributed requests? Is it limited?

Thanks.

Re: SolrCloud: AliasAPI-Maximum number of collections

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
The main limit is the 1mb zk node limit. But even that can be raised.

- Mark

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
No, there's no theoretical limit.

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 11:20 AM, ku3ia <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
> The question is how many collections I can put to one alias, using
> SolrCloud
> alias collection API
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api4
> to process distributed requests? Is it limited?
>
> Thanks.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.