Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daphne Tregear <da...@cs.man.ac.uk> on 2001/06/12 16:33:41 UTC

AddModule webapp_module needed?

In the instructions which accompany "The WebApp Module for Apache 1.3"
we are told to add the following 2 lines to our httpd.conf file:

LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
AddModule webapp_module

since "this will instruct your Apache 1.3 web server to load and
recognize the newly compiled Mod WebApp".

If you do this, apachectl configtest gives:

Syntax error on line 208 of /www/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot add module via name 'webapp_module': not in list of loaded modules

Take this line out and the error disappears (and my Apache-Tomcat
connector worked, briefly).

So, is the AddModule line needed?  Or is my libexec/mod_webapp.so
broken somehow (it built with no errors)?

--
Daf Tregear				Department of Computer Science
Systems Manager				University of Manchester

Re: AddModule webapp_module needed?

Posted by Vivek Bhaskaran <vi...@esagegroup.com>.
I think it should be
AddModule webapp.c