Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Hui Fei <fe...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/23 02:41:12 UTC

[hive/ql] discussions of HIVE-15221, the right memory checkpoint

hi all

In checkMemoryStatus function, i think maybe memory comparison is
meaningful after garbage collection.

If that, we have additional benefit: the task maybe go on running after gc,
rather than fail.

In addition, i think the memory checkpoint is not so good. Because we don't
know when gc happens. After gc, the check maybe pass, but maybe fail before
gc. The check point does not show how much we have real used memory , which
does not contain garbage.

Any suggestions ?

Re: [hive/ql] discussions of HIVE-15221, the right memory checkpoint

Posted by Hui Fei <fe...@gmail.com>.
add the link for HIVE-15221 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-15221
thanks