Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> on 2007/08/13 16:15:41 UTC

[maven-ant-tasks] Authentication from settings.xml without using POM?

Hi,

We have an SSH-secured internal repository from which an Ant build script
should download some files using the maven-ant-tasks:2.0.7. First, I tried
to specify everything inline the Ant script, i.e. without using a POM, using
multiple <dependency> elements and a <remoteRepository> element. I left out
the <authentication> for the remote repo and expected the Antlib to scan my
settings.xml for a matching server id, but that seems not to work. I could
only get the SSH credentials from the settings.xml if I used a <pom>
element, whose remote repo is then used.

Has anybody successfully accessed a secured remote repo using the
credentials from the settings.xml without using a POM and can tell, what I
made wrong? If not, I would like to open a feature request for this.

Re: [maven-ant-tasks] Authentication from settings.xml without using POM?

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> Did you check http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MANTTASKS-85? From the
> description of your problem, I think you're facing the same issue.
> Can you test the patched version provided in the Jira issue and confirm if
> it's ok or not?
>
> Hervé

You're right, the mentioned issue seems to be same problem I had. I tried
your patched JAR and it works just fine. Using Ant's verbose option, I can
see the "authentication=" attribute for the repo getting the proper user
name from my settings.xml and the actual repo access also works without
prompting any credentials.

Thanks for your reply and efforts! Now I need to vote for some nice patch...

Benjamin

Re: [maven-ant-tasks] Authentication from settings.xml without using POM?

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.