Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Preetiiii <pr...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/21 09:58:10 UTC

Is Apache ignite support tiering or it only support caching??

I am looking for tiering facility. If Ignite support then send some links or
info.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Is Apache ignite support tiering or it only support caching??

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
Ignite supports persistence to disk. It’s configured using data regions. So you could have one data region that’s entirely in memory and another that’s on disk. We don’t call them “tiers” but that’s effectively what they allow.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Please check out this documentation about data regions configuration. With
the regions, you can slice and dice your available memory space and enable
persistence tier per region.
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-configuration#section-data-regions

-
Denis

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Ignite has optional on-heap tier and also optional disk tier (Native
Persistence will offload data there as RAM is exhausted).

I wonder if that's enough for your use case.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Preetiiii <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
What are you trying to achieve? You can do read/write through with an external third-party database, you can use Ignite’s transactional persistence, both of which allow you to have different tiers with varied speeds/volumes of data.

Regards,
Stephen