Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Celedes, Zoltan" <Zo...@Dresdner-Bank.com> on 2001/10/23 16:05:51 UTC

Apache/Tomcat startup order?

Hi,

I am wondering if there are any issues with the order in which Tomcat and
Apache are started. Which should be started first?

Also, what problems are exist (if any) if one of Tomcat or Apache is
restarted without restarting the other. I need to know what is safe, but I
cannot find any reference to this in the Tomcat documentation.

I am only aware of the following note with mod_jk:

Q. Whenever I restart Tomcat, Apache locks up!
A. The Ajp13 protocol keeps an open socket between Tomcat and Apache. The
latest release of mod_jk (the one found since Tomcat 3.3-m2 and J-T-C)
handle the network failure. But with previous release of mod_jk, you may
have to restart Apache as well.

I am using:
	apache-1.3.12
	jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3