Posted to websh-user@tcl.apache.org by "tcl@h-rd.org" <tc...@h-rd.org> on 2008/07/18 12:05:23 UTC

websh and databases

Dear websh users,

On the tcl'ers wiki (http://wiki.tcl.tk/2751) is written:

"The Apache mod_websh module handles, among other things, database
connections in a rather sophisticated way."

However I was not able to find anything about database connections in
the docs or in the source.  Is there more information?

yours,
Marc
--
tcl@h-rd.org

Re: websh and databases

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
> Dear websh users,
>
> On the tcl'ers wiki (http://wiki.tcl.tk/2751) is written:
>
> "The Apache mod_websh module handles, among other things, database
> connections in a rather sophisticated way."
>
> However I was not able to find anything about database connections in
> the docs or in the source.  Is there more information?

Well, I'd say the statemment is just wrong, sorry ;-) I modified the
wiki page.

Regards
Ronnie
--
Projekt «Robot Team Challenge»: Wir fördern den Nachwuchs
www.informatica08.ch/robot

Ronnie Brunner | ronnie.brunner@netcetera.ch
phone +41-44-247 79 79 | fax +41-44-247 70 75
Netcetera AG | 8040 Zürich | Switzerland | http://netcetera.ch

Re: websh and databases

Posted by Leon Hauck <le...@fulcrum-hosting.com>.
tcl@h-rd.org wrote:

> On the tcl'ers wiki (http://wiki.tcl.tk/2751) is written:
>
> "The Apache mod_websh module handles, among other things, database
> connections in a rather sophisticated way."
>
> However I was not able to find anything about database connections in
> the docs or in the source.  Is there more information?

I'm not aware of any.  We're using the native tcl data libraries (ie:
Pgtcl) to do the database access in websh.  We're not using the apache
module but websh as a cgi application.

-- Leon