Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Fournier, Pete" <pf...@national.aaa.com> on 2004/09/23 19:15:20 UTC

[Solved]: Load Balancing Configuration

I finally have IIS on two machines serving up load balanced requests to
two Tomcat machines and maintiaining Sticky Sessions.

Below I am including the workers2.properties file that did the trick in
case anyone else is having touble doing this. The only other change I
had to make was to the Server.xml file, there you just alter the Engine
node to include a jvmRoute setting, make the setting unique per Tomcat
installation and use that in the workers2.properties file as the
tomcatID and route settings for the channel.socket definition.

Thanks for the help Alex, your clustering example got me changing some
stuff around that did the trick.

//////////////////////// BEGIN workers2.properties
[logger]
info=Native logger
level=ERROR

[config:]
file=${serverRoot}/conf/workers2.properties
debug=1
debugEnv=1

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests.
debug=1

[shm]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocess servers
file=c:/Tomcat5/work/jk2.shm
debug=0

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=0
debug=1

[lb:lb]
Info=default load balancer
debug=1

[channel.socket:pfournier:8019]
host=pfournier
port=8019
tomcatId=pfournierTomcat
lb_factor=100
route=pfournierTomcat

[ajp13:pfournier:8019]
channel=channel.socket:pfournier:8019

[channel.socket:kfansler1:8009]
host=kfansler1
port=8009
tomcatId=kfanslerTomcat
lb_factor=100
route=kfanslerTomcat

[ajp13:kfansler1:8009]
channel=channel.socket:kfansler1:8009

[lb:PetesLB]
worker=ajp13:pfournier:8019
worker=ajp13:kfansler1:8009
timeout=30
attempts=2
recovery=90
StickySession=1
noWorkersMsg=Server busy please try back later.
noWorkerCodeMsg=503

[uri:/admin]
info=Tomcat HTML based administration web application.
debug=0

[uri:/manager]
info=A scriptable management web application for the Tomcat Web Server.
debug=0

[uri:/*.jsp]
info=JSP Extension mapping.
debug=0

[uri:/ZipCode/ZipCodeLookup]
info=ZipCodeApplication
debug=0
group=lb:PetesLB

[uri:/SessionTester/*]
info=Session Test Application
debug=0
group=lb:PetesLB

[status:]

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
group=status
//////////////////////// END workers2.properties

Peter Fournier

Re: [Solved]: Load Balancing Configuration

Posted by Alex <al...@squigly.net>.

beautiful!  glad i could help save you some time and suffering :)