Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by chenwei_yi2003 <ch...@126.com> on 2008/07/13 03:02:04 UTC

status report

Following is the first BlueSky Project status report ,posted for discussion.

BlueSky has been on incubation for the first stage on apache community. ?
The Bluesky Project is an e-learning solution designed to balance education resources between well-developed cities and poor regions of China, that is, bringing qualified education resources to backward area students.
Infrastructure has been set up. Mailing lists for dev, commits and user, with official website, are operational.
Community
Two of the original committers have had accounts created.Others have signed their CLAs but License Grant have not been received or processed yet.

Code

Some codes in our project are GPLs, which is against the rule of Apache regulations, and therefore we are transforming them to IGPLs for upload.

Re: Re: status report

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
2008/7/14 chenwei_yi2003 <ch...@126.com>:
> sorry for the mistake of IGPL(should be LGPL), soon it will be corrected.

Again, why do want to move to LGPL and not ASL?

  Bernd

Re: Re:Re: status report

Posted by "du.haipeng" <du...@gmail.com>.
Better we make a clear description about the relationship of BlueSky and XPlayer somewhere on our website.

du.haipeng
2008-07-14

sorry for the mistake of IGPL(should be LGPL), soon it will be corrected.
and according to  Bernd ,the report about xplayer should be included ,but
 xplayer has been decided not to be placed in apache but in
some other places as a optional component for some copyright problem ,in this situation ,
is it necessary for the xplayer being included in the  report?

在2008-07-14 02:59:59,"Bernd Fondermann"  <bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com > 写道:

Re:Re: status report

Posted by chenwei_yi2003 <ch...@126.com>.

在2008-07-14 02:59:59,"Bernd Fondermann" <be...@googlemail.com> 写道:

Re: status report

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 05:02, chenwei_yi2003 <ch...@126.com> wrote:
> Following is the first BlueSky Project status report ,posted for discussion.
>
> BlueSky has been on incubation for the first stage on apache community. ?
> The Bluesky Project is an e-learning solution designed to balance education resources between well-developed cities and poor regions of China, that is, bringing qualified education resources to backward area students.
> Infrastructure has been set up. Mailing lists for dev, commits and user, with official website, are operational.
> Community
> Two of the original committers have had accounts created.Others have signed their CLAs but License Grant have not been received or processed yet.
>
> Code
>
> Some codes in our project are GPLs, which is against the rule of Apache regulations, and therefore we are transforming them to IGPLs for upload.

I know what GPL is, but I don't know what IGPL is (LGPL, maybe?). And
why doesn't that read ASL? Again, there will be no GPL'ed code in
Apache repositories. Please request in your report assistance from
Incubator if you feel that there are open questions about licensing
and intellectual property transferation to Apache.

I also find it worth reporting that this project currently has one
component named xplayer based on mplayer and FFmpeg, which are (L)GPL,
and are potentially patent encumbered and must be replaced some time.

Thanks,

  Bernd

status report

Posted by chenwei_yi2003 <ch...@126.com>.
                     Status Report

BlueSky has been on incubation for the first stage on apache community.

The Bluesky Project is an e-learning solution designed to balance education resources between well-developed cities and poor regions of China, that is, bringing qualified education resources to backward area students.

Infrastructure has been set up. Mailing lists for dev, commits and user, with official website, are operational.

Community
Two of the original committers have had accounts created.Others have signed their CLAs but License Grant have not been received or processed yet.

Code
We are checking our code by deleting or replacing the libs used which is against the ASL for upload.