Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mark Pavey <ma...@thefilter.com> on 2016/02/01 14:13:49 UTC

Can't view executor logs in web UI on Windows

I am running Spark on Windows. When I try to view the Executor logs in the UI
I get the following error:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /logPage/. Reason:

    Server Error
Caused by:

java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 1:
.\work/app-20160129154716-0038/2/
	at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URI$Parser.parseHierarchical(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URI.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.spark.deploy.worker.ui.LogPage.getLog(LogPage.scala:141)
	at org.apache.spark.deploy.worker.ui.LogPage.render(LogPage.scala:78)
	at org.apache.spark.ui.WebUI$$anonfun$2.apply(WebUI.scala:79)
	at org.apache.spark.ui.WebUI$$anonfun$2.apply(WebUI.scala:79)
	at org.apache.spark.ui.JettyUtils$$anon$1.doGet(JettyUtils.scala:69)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:735)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:684)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:501)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1086)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:428)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1020)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.server.handler.GzipHandler.handle(GzipHandler.java:264)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:255)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
	at org.spark-project.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:370)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:494)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:971)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1033)
	at org.spark-project.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:667)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
	at
org.spark-project.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Looking at the source code for
org.apache.spark.deploy.worker.ui.LogPage.getLog reveals the following:
 - At line 141 the constructor of java.net.URI is called with the path to
the log directory as a String argument. This string
(".\work/app-20160129154716-0038/2/" in example above) contains a backslash,
which is an illegal character for the URI constructor.
 - The component of the path containing the backslash is created at line 71
by calling the getPath method on a java.io.File object. Because it is
running on Windows it uses the default Windows file separator, which is a
backslash.

I am using Spark 1.5.1 but the source code appears unchanged in 1.6.0.

I haven't been able to find an open issue for this but if there is one could
possibly submit a pull request for it.

Re: Can't view executor logs in web UI on Windows

Posted by KhajaAsmath Mohammed <md...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am new to spark and trying to learn doing some programs on windows. I
faced the same issue when running on windows. Cannot open Spark WebUI, I
can see the output and output folder has the information that I needed but
logs states that the WebUI is stopped. Does anyone have solution to view
WebUI in windows?

Thanks,
Asmath

Posted by Mark Pavey <ma...@thefilter.com>.