Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Chen, Charles" <Ch...@vignette.com> on 2006/08/07 15:07:53 UTC

[users@httpd] running as service and access network resource

Hi, Apache Gurus,

We tried to run the apache as a service on window 2003 server and the
doc root is a shared network drive. We read the doc and know that
localSystem user account can not be used for this configuration so we
created a new user, and configured the user as instructed in the
document, "log on as a service" and "acts as part of the operating
system" etc. However, the service still fails to start up with an error
code 1067. Nothing is written into the error.log file. No output to the
console when starting from the command line. So we are stuck.

Any one out there has similar experience or have we missed something in
the doc?

Many thanks

Charles