Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Simon Dutil <s....@gmail.com> on 2004/09/21 20:09:38 UTC

404 not found - URL mapping error

Hi list!

For every URLs with an ending slash like this :

http://myhost/lenya/default/authoring/

I get a not found error :

404 Not Found
Resource /lenya/default/authoring/ not found on this server

I need to add, manually, index.html to the URL in order to make it work!

I have this problem on our server, when Lenya is deployed in OC4J.
In tomcat, the url mapping works fine...

On the cocoon mailing list, ive been referenced to this comment of
cocoon sitemap.xmap :

<!--+
| Redirect to the user directory if the ending slash is missing
| Cocoon doesn't do automatic translation of URLs because we consider it
| a bad practice. http://blah/something/ and http://blah/something
| effectively locate different web resources and the act of mapping
| them to the same system resources is your concern, not Cocoon's.
| Note that some stupid browsers (IE, for example) believe the opposite
| and will drop the ending slash when you bookmark a web resource
| so be aware of this issue and plan your URL-space carefully.
+-->

Im not too sure of how Lenya is handling the url space mappings...

So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Simon

Re: 404 not found - URL mapping error

Posted by Simon Dutil <s....@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:39:16 +0200, Michael Wechner
<mi...@wyona.com> wrote:

> actually this hasn't got to do anything with Lenya itself, but
> rather with the default publication sitemap.
>
> Probably one needs to add a pipeline which is redirecting to index.html,
> e.g.
>
> <map:match pattern="**/"">
> <map:redirect-to uri="index.html"/>
> </map:match>
>
> but I thought this is already the case.
> Maybe you can check publication-sitemap.xmap or sitemap.xmap
> within the default directory.

Your right! this pipeline is already defined in
publication-sitemap.xmap...I had already tried a few things in xmap
files without having any success...

I think that this is out of the scope of Lenya.  Im not even sure if
the 404 error itself is generated by Lenya! ( the logs are clean and a
show source on the error page doesnt show any trace of Lenya or cocoon
)

Maybe that Tomcat, by default, is  capable of handling the ending
slash url pattern ?

We use the Apache HTTP server with OC4J.  Maybe this is more like a
container configuration issue...

Regards,

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Simon Dutil wrote:

>+-->
>
>Im not too sure of how Lenya is handling the url space mappings...

actually this hasn't got to do anything with Lenya itself, but
rather with the default publication sitemap.

Probably one needs to add a pipeline which is redirecting to index.html,
e.g.

<map:match pattern="**/"">
<map:redirect-to uri="index.html"/>
</map:match>

but I thought this is already the case.
Maybe you can check publication-sitemap.xmap or sitemap.xmap
within the default directory.

HTH

Michi

>So any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Thanks!
>
>Simon

Michael Wechner