Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> on 2022/06/24 03:56:57 UTC

[Discuss] Rename Catalog class

Hi all,
As we are working on multi-catalog feature.
The concept `Catalog` is used as an internal or external "data source". This word is also used in other project like Spark and Presto, even in MySQL.
But in Doris source code, we had a class called "Catalog.java". But actually, it is more like an Env or Runtime class.

To resolve the name conflict, I suggest to rename the Catalog class to a new name, I prefer DorisRuntime or DorisEnv.
And because this class is used everywhere in source code, so I think it is necessary to discuss its new name.

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
morningman@apache.org

Re:Re:Re: [Discuss] Rename Catalog class

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
I would like to just use a short name: `Env`.
If there is no other question, I would like to modify it next week

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email: