Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org> on 2020/02/21 06:56:35 UTC

[DISCUSS] hadoop-thirdparty 1.0.0 release

Hi All,

Since Hadoop-3.3.0 release is around the corner, its time to release
hadoop-thirdparty's first ever release, without which hadoop-3.3.0 cannot
proceed for release.

Below are the tentative date for RC and release. Since there is no much
activity in this repo (other than the opentracing related one, which I just
merged), Keeping the plan little aggressive.
Please let me know any concerns regarding the same.

 RC-0     : 25-Feb-2020
Release : 03-Mar-2020 (after 7 days Voting)

-Vinay

Re: [DISCUSS] hadoop-thirdparty 1.0.0 release

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tsuyoshi Ozawa <oz...@apache.org>.
Thanks Viany for starting discussion.

+1

hadoop-thirdparty's release is required for 3.3.0 release because the
package includes shaded protobuf which 3.3.0 branch will depend on.
The plan sounds reasonable to me.

- Tsuyoshi

Posted by Tsuyoshi Ozawa <oz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tsuyoshi Ozawa <oz...@apache.org>.