Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Eric Badger <eb...@verizonmedia.com.INVALID> on 2021/06/02 20:03:00 UTC

Re: [E] Re: Do I need a +1 to merge a backport PR?

I'm of a similar opinion to most here. If the backport is clean, I think
it's ok to do it with just the +1 on the original patch. However, please
please please build the code on the target branch before backporting

Eric

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
Currently how the addendum will be added to PR??
 Won’t  be another PR?? Where build run again ??

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 at 1:33 AM, Eric Badger <eb...@verizonmedia.com.invalid>
wrote:

> I'm of a similar opinion to most here. If the backport is clean, I think
> it's ok to do it with just the +1 on the original patch. However, please
> please please build the code on the target branch before backporting
>
> Eric
>
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 2:46 PM Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For trivial changes, like changes in import or conflicts due to line
> > number or other trivial stuff, I don’t think that is required. Unless the
> > general  logic isn’t changing, we can go ahead, may be we can do a test
> run
> > before merging, to be on the safer side as and when required. :-)
> >
> > -Ayush
> >
> > > On 02-Jun-2021, at 10:13 AM, Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm curious about the GitHub PR conventions we use today... say I want
> > > backport a commit from trunk to branch-3.3, and there's a small code
> > > conflict so I push a PR against branch-3.3 using GitHub to go through
> the
> > > precommit check.
> > >
> > > Do I need explicit approval from another committer to merge the
> backport
> > > PR? (As.a committer, I know I can merge at any time) or can I merge
> when
> > > the precommit comes back okay?

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [E] Re: Do I need a +1 to merge a backport PR?

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.