Posted to user@hama.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@apache.org> on 2018/05/01 12:36:05 UTC

ApacheCon North America 2018 schedule is now live.

Dear Apache Enthusiast,

We are pleased to announce our schedule for ApacheCon North America
2018. ApacheCon will be held September 23-27 at the Montreal Marriott
Chateau Champlain in Montreal, Canada.

Registration is open! The early bird rate of $575 lasts until July 21,
at which time it goes up to $800. And the room block at the Marriott
($225 CAD per night, including wifi) closes on August 24th.

We will be featuring more than 100 sessions on Apache projects. The
schedule is now online at https://apachecon.com/acna18/

The schedule includes full tracks of content from Cloudstack[1],
Tomcat[2], and our GeoSpatial community[3].

We will have 4 keynote speakers, two of whom are Apache members, and two
from the wider community.

On Tuesday, Apache member and former board member Cliff Schmidt will be
speaking about how Amplio uses technology to educate and improve the
quality of life of people living in very difficult parts of the
world[4]. And Apache Fineract VP Myrle Krantz will speak about how Open
Source banking is helping the global fight against poverty[5].

Then, on Wednesday, we’ll hear from Bridget Kromhout, Principal Cloud
Developer Advocate from Microsoft, about the really hard problem in
software - the people[6]. And Euan McLeod, ‎VP VIPER at ‎Comcast will
show us the many ways that Apache software delivers your favorite shows
to your living room[7].

ApacheCon will also feature old favorites like the Lightning Talks, the
Hackathon (running the duration of the event), PGP key signing, and lots
of hallway-track time to get to know your project community better.

Follow us on Twitter, @ApacheCon, and join the discuss@apachecon.com
to date with developments. And if your company wants to sponsor this
event, get in touch at help@apachecon.com for opportunities that are
still available.

See you in Montreal!

Rich Bowen
VP Conferences, The Apache Software Foundation
help@apachecon.com
@ApacheCon

[1] http://cloudstackcollab.org/
[2] http://tomcat.apache.org/conference.html
[3] http://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/schedule?search=geospatial
[4]
http://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/scheduledEvent/df977fd305a31b903
[5]
http://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/scheduledEvent/22c6c30412a3828d6
[6]
http://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/scheduledEvent/fbbb2384fa91ebc6b
[7]
http://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/scheduledEvent/88d50c3613852c2de

Re: ApacheCon North America 2018 schedule is now live.

Posted by Bjørn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no>.
How can I unsubscribe from this, never asked for these emails!!??

Posted by Kerryn Gunness <k_...@yahoo.ca.INVALID>.
hi
what is this seminar all about
thanks