Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> on 2009/04/13 17:49:40 UTC

[ApacheDS] Release 1.5.5

Hi dev,

I have three outstanding changes in my workspace:
- Applied patch DIRSERVER-1247 from Norval Hope
- A fix for DIRSERVER-1347 (depends on the previous)
- The new DN parser (DIRSHARED-15 and DIRSHARED-32)

I just want to ask if the code base for release 1.5.5 is already frozen,
then I'll create a branch for my changes. Or if I could commit those
changes to the trunk.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: [ApacheDS] Release 1.5.5

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
I did some testing and actually the server installer is not impacted by the
same bug.It's working very great. There's no fix to be applied.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [ApacheDS] Release 1.5.5

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Thanks!

Re: [ApacheDS] Release 1.5.5

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
As I said earlier, there's no issue on the installer, but there's still this
journal.ldif bug on Windows.
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [ApacheDS] Release 1.5.5

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Christine Koppelt
<ch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the Kerberos and Change Password server work again, at least on a
> basic level.

Thanks for that Christine !

The SASL GSSAPI Handler still does not and i don't think
> i will fix it within the next days as I have to deal with some other
> issues atm.

Not such a big deal right now, IMHO. We can release a 1.5.6 if needed.
Anyway, we need to get this whole SASL stuff reviewed, and documented,
because almost nobody has a clue about the way it works. I tried to
get it working a year or so ago, but I don't exactly remember how the
code looks like. It was a mess before, it's probably not maintenable
yet...

So feel free to prepare the release and we postpone the
> GSSAPI handler for the next one. Perhaps we could publish a list with
> known bugs for it?

Sure !

Thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ApacheDS] Release 1.5.5

Posted by Christine Koppelt <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

the Kerberos and Change Password server work again, at least on a
basic level. The SASL GSSAPI Handler still does not and i don't think
i will fix it within the next days as I have to deal with some other
issues atm. So feel free to prepare the release and we postpone the
GSSAPI handler for the next one. Perhaps we could publish a list with
known bugs for it?

regards

Christine

Re: [ApacheDS] Release 1.5.5