Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Des qsdqsd <de...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/03/19 17:19:33 UTC

Re : Re : Re : Re : f:verbatim question

Thanks for you advices ...
Actually, I'm sure the browser is not the problem : getting the page with command line tools (wget) takes the exact same time as requesting it with a browser ...
If I put escape=true in the outputText tag : the response is quick but ugly (I can see all html formatting) ... if I put escape=false, then it take forever ...
This is why I wonder if the responsible if not the building of all jsf components corresponding to all html ... is there a way to include raw html content inside a jsf page without all the machinery ?

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 3/19/07, Des qsdqsd <de...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> This is why I wonder if the responsible if not the building of all jsf
> components corresponding to all html ... is there a way to include raw html
> content inside a jsf page without all the machinery ?

You could write directly to the response stream (or response writer) yourself.

However, that's more or less what outputText already does.

Re: Re : Re : Re : Re : f:verbatim question

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@rhe.co.nz>.
Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> If it's not the method, and it's not the browser, (and I'm pretty sure
> it's not the JSF implementation), then it's probably a filter, most
> likely the Tomahawk Extensions filter.

Yes, my guess would be the ExtensionFilter too (and in particular the
ReducedHtmlParser class).

What this filter does is buffer all output generated during the normal
JSF render, then scan that output looking for interesting locations like
the end of the [head] section, the start of the [body] section etc. It
uses this information to inject text into the resulting page (eg script
tags into the head or onload calls into the body tag).

Putting XML/HTML comments around some of the body would enable the
ReducedHtmlParser class to quickly skip the content rather than having
to carefully parse it.

So in short, it looks like ReducedHtmlParser needs some performance
improvements. Feel free to contribute patches!

Regards,

Simon

Re: Re : Re : Re : Re : f:verbatim question

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
If it's not the method, and it's not the browser, (and I'm pretty sure
it's not the JSF implementation), then it's probably a filter, most
likely the Tomahawk Extensions filter.

Try commenting out this filter and see if it makes a difference.

If anything, if it were the JSF implementation, I'd expect escape=true
to take longer than escape=false.   Escape=true means that it performs
html-escaping on everything whereas escape=false means it renders the
output as-is.

At this point, the most important thing to do is to time the execution
of each servlet/servlet-filter involved.   It should be pretty easy to
create a custom filter which echos the before and after timing values
for doFilter(), and then sandwich all of your other filters/servlets
between them.  You'd just need a way to identify which timing came
from which pieces (you could either output the next filter class in
the chain or you could pass in a parameter to identify the current
timing filter).