Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2002/02/21 14:48:01 UTC

Aggregating

Hi All,

Can anyone give me an example of aggregating with the DirectoryGenerator?

I know how to do it for assets that come from the FileGenerator but not
anything else.

Thanks for any help.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
   <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>             <pa...@vizzavi.net>

RE: Aggregating

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 11:49 am -0500 21/2/02, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> From: Jeremy Quinn [mailto:jermq@media.demon.co.uk]
>ing
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Can anyone give me an example of aggregating with the
>DirectoryGenerator?
>>
>> I know how to do it for assets that come from the FileGenerator but
>not
>> anything else.
>
>What's the difference?

Thanks

this is what I ended up doing:

		<map:pipeline internal-only="true">
			<map:match pattern="dir/**">
				<map:generate type="directory" src="docs/{1}"/>
				<map:serialize type="xml"/>
			</map:match>
		</map:pipeline>

		<map:pipeline>
			<map:match pattern="dir/**/">
				<map:aggregate element="root" label="content">
					<map:part src="cocoon:/dir/{1}"/>
					<map:part src="editor/docs/editor.xml"/>
				</map:aggregate>
				<map:transform src="editor/stylesheets/editor-page2html.xsl">
					<map:parameter name="target-dir" value="{1}/"/>
					<map:parameter name="behaviour" value="dir"/>
				</map:transform>
				<map:serialize type="html"/>
			</map:match>
		</map:pipeline>

It works ....

Thanks

RE: Aggregating

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Jeremy Quinn [mailto:jermq@media.demon.co.uk]
ing

> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone give me an example of aggregating with the
DirectoryGenerator?

> I know how to do it for assets that come from the FileGenerator but
not
> anything else.

What's the difference?

    <map:aggregate element="page" ns="http://foo.bar.com/myspace">
     <!--
        Aggregation is a very powerful concept that allows a document
        be generated from several other documents. Strictly speaking,
        all parts are just concatenated in this order to a new
        document.

    Several things to note here:

    "cocoon:" is a pseudo protocol and refers to another
      pipeline. "cocoon:/" refers to a pipeline from the current
      sitemap while "cocoon://" refers to a pipeline from the root
      sitemap.

    Other pseudo protocols exist:

    "context:" is another pseudo protocol, "context://" is
      refering to a resource using the servlet context.

    "resource:" is yet another pseudo protocol, "resource://" is
      refering to a resource from the context classloader.

    These pseudo protocols are declared in cocoon.xconf

    Thus the parts refer to the pipeline fragments above.

    The element attribute places the content in a new root element
    named as specified, using the namespace provided by the ns
    attribute.

    Please see docs for further explanations.
     -->
     <map:part src="cocoon:/path/to/my/directory/" element="dir"
ns="http://foo.bar.com/xmlhack"/>
    </map:aggregate>

Provided that directory "path/to/my/directory/" is created under cocoon
webapp, it should work.

(map:part will be processed by pipeline
   <map:match pattern="**/">
    <map:generate type="directory" src="{1}"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/system/directory2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>
)

Vadim