Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Netsons > Roberto Iervolino" <r....@netsons.com> on 2013/08/07 18:36:07 UTC

Debian 7 does not get hostname from dhcp.

Hi,

I've done a template using debian 7.0.0, when i deploy an istance from
this template the VM at the first boot get correctly the hostname from
the DHCP server, then when I reboot the VM does not get the hostname
from the DHCP server, and the setted hostname is "localhost".

I've also created other template using CentOS 6.4 and it works fine.

There is a known issue with debian 7.0.0? How can i solve it?

Thanks!!
--

*Supernova s.r.l.*
Via G. Misiticoni, 3

*www.netsons.com* <http://www.netsons.com>
*Roberto Iervolino*
IT System Administrator - L2 Support
//

*t. *(+39) 085 45 100 52
*m. *(+39) 393 85 677 48
*e. *r.iervolino@netsons.com <ma...@netsons.com>

View Roberto Iervolino's profile on LinkedIn
<http://it.linkedin.com/pub/roberto-iervolino/70/b81/3aa>

/Netsons® è un marchio registrato dalla Supernova s.r.l./

Le informazioni trasmesse sono riservate alla persona o alla società
indicata come destinatario, e possono includere contenuti considerati
confidenziali. Ogni elaborazione, comunicazione, trasmissione o altro
utilizzo, anche azioni conseguenti alla conoscenza di queste
informazioni da parte di chiunque non sia espressamente indicato come
destinatario è proibita. Nel caso abbiate ricevuto per errore questa
comunicazione, siete pregati di darne avviso a info [at] netsons.com ed
eliminare ogni stampa ed ogni traccia informatica. Il ricevente dovrà
inoltre accertarsi che gli eventuali allegati non contengano virus prima
di aprirli. Qualunque opinione o affermazione presentata in questo
messaggio è da ritenersi propria dell'autore e non rappresenta
necessariamente la posizione della Società.

which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the
contact: info [at] netsons.com and delete the material from any
computer. If this email contains attachments you should ensure they are
checked for viruses before opening them. Any views or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
the company.

Re: [SOLVED]: Debian 7 does not get hostname from dhcp.

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.
I'm glad you found a solution.  One possible problem is that the
CloudStack password reset script doesn't work with dhcpcd, so you will
need to update the script if you want to use the password reset
functionality.  I've done this for another DHCP client (pump) and it is
a straightforward process.  One option would be to update the script to
use the --dumplease option of dhcpcd to get the IP of the DHCP server
(i.e. the virtual router, which has the new password).

Best regards,
Kirk

Posted by "Netsons > Roberto Iervolino" <r....@netsons.com>.
Hello,

to solve this issue just change the DHCP client in the template, as follows:

    /apt-get remove isc-dhcp-client //
    ////
    //apt-get install dhcpcd/

Now it works.

Regards.

Re: Debian 7 does not get hostname from dhcp.

Posted by "Netsons > Roberto Iervolino" <r....@netsons.com>.
Thank you, I'll do that!!

Posted by "Netsons > Roberto Iervolino" <r....@netsons.com>.

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Marty Sweet <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am currently writing the documentation for template creation and have run
across this problem with Debain.
Currently I have created a script which sets the hostname and adds a
/etc/hosts file, like Shankers, the script runs
from /etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/sethostname with 744 permissions. It
does require the template to have a hostname of localhost for the script to
run.

Regards,
Marty

Posted by Gaspare A Silvestri <g....@netsons.com>.
Hi Shanker,

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

--
Prasanna.,

Powered by BigRock.com

RE: Debian 7 does not get hostname from dhcp.

Posted by "Netsons > Roberto Iervolino" <r....@netsons.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.